CASH Social Security Information

Social Security

Social Security offices are no longer issuing Social Security number printouts, and have also stopped providing benefit verification letters, except in emergency situations.  Individuals who need proof of their Social Security number and cannot find their card, will need to apply for a replacement card.

STCASH will NOT be able to process your tax return without Social Security Cards or ITINs for EVERYONE claimed on the return including spouses and all dependents. Original cards or legible copies are acceptable. For any questions, please email or call 607-973-2201 BEFORE your appointment.

To apply for a new or replacement Social Security Card, use this link:  For more information, or if you do not qualify to apply online for a card, use this link:

To contact Social Security, please visit or call their national toll-free number: 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday

To find your local Social Security Office please visit: Social Security Office Locator

Some businesses offer Social Security name changes or cards for a fee. Social Security provides those services and more for free. Social Security is the best place to get information about Social Security.